We are delighted to announce that the Big Lottery – Reaching & Building Communities Fund has awarded Project Art Works £442,972 towards PROPEL, a new extended three-year programme of specialist studio provision for new and existing participants with complex needs from Hastings and the surrounding area.
We will be investing in our recently acquired third Arch to create a new studio and a welcoming space for our participants, their families, carers and support workers.
PROPEL will run until 2020 and will support:
- five days of specialist supported studios
- the development of Peer Support Networks for parents/carers & support workers
- the refurbishment of our newly obtained Arch 1 to create a new studio
- improved access with a new external lift, new secure gates
- the creation of a new part time Community Networks Co-Ordinator
- staffing to deliver this work and running costs for the new Arch
- specialist training for artist facilitators and support workers
Kate Adams MBE, Project Art Works Director:
This award is fantastic news not only for Project Art Works but for all those who may now access the wide range of creative opportunities we can deliver through PROPEL over the next 3 years. In a period of unprecedented cuts to provisions for people who have complex support needs this grant provides much needed support for a brilliant programme of creative activities, advocacy and inclusion within Hastings and East Sussex.