Tools and support for children, young people and families to support home isolation
- Government Advice on supporting vulnerable children and your people during Covid 19
- Video on ways to support neuro-diverse children in challenging times
- General advice for families who may need to relocate a young person with complex needs
- Ideas for calming a child with Autism
- Modifications to section 42 of the children and families act – relating to the provision for individual children and young people, Local authorities and health commissioning bodies must not apply blanket policies about provision.
- A framework to guide decision making around alternative education and provisions during Covid 19.
- Amaze are offering a helpline for information and advice open Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 2.30pm. Call 01273 772289
- Tips for speech Therapy at home for children with autism
- Sensory Stuck at Home – A facebook group with suggested activities
Resources and activities to support home isolation
- Wellbeing activities for children and young people
- Creative prompts for children
- Children’s exercise to support self regulation
- Creating a sensory garden for children
- Making Musical Instruments from rubbish, an illustrated guide by Peter Quinnell
- A guide to home printing techniques
- Free family films to stream at home
- Sensory story activity using music
- Activities for green spaces (Walks and gardens)
- Live Making Workshops with Towner Gallery
- Make a paint brush from a milk bottle – video
- Heart and Soul Creative Packs – (Downloadable)
- The SEN resource blog – video activities
- Family dance workshops – videos
If you have more information or useful links that should be added to this page please email [email protected].
Want to discuss these issues in more detail? Join us for a Peer Support Network virtual meet up.
Image: Art Breaks Studio