Information and guidance for children and families
- Government guidance on implementing protective measures in education settings.
- Government Advice on supporting vulnerable children and your people during Covid 19
- SEND Legal Covid-19 webinar with SEND Barrister, Steve Broach covering the key legal duties for young people aged 0 – 17
- SEND Legal Covid-19 Webinar with SEND Barrister, Steve Broach covering the key legal duties for young people aged 18 to 25
Tools and support for children, young people and families to support home isolation
- Video on ways to support neuro-diverse children in challenging times
- Ideas for calming a child with Autism
- A framework to guide decision making around alternative education and provisions during Covid 19.
- Amaze are offering a helpline for information and advice open Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 2.30pm. Call 01273 772289
- Sensory Stuck at Home – A facebook group with suggested activities
- Back to School kit by widget – signage, wayfinding and personal care around a socially distanced school environment as well as well-being and mental health resources to assist children returning to school after such a major disruption to their normal day-to-day lives.
- Resources to support children and young people manage their mental health
- The Art Room – by Place2Be, a series of projects designed to support and enhance wellbeing in children.
Resources and activities to support home isolation
- Wellbeing activities for children and young people
- Creative prompts for children
- Children’s exercise to support self regulation
- Making Musical Instruments from rubbish, an illustrated guide by Peter Quinnell
- Live Making Workshops with Towner Gallery
- Zen-tangels- mindfulness drawing activity
- Hands and feet game – a movement game based on tracing hands and feet
- Making a musical shaker from Nature
- How to make Rice snakes from some old tights
- CD spinner drawings
- Painting with objects
- Make your own paintbrushes
- 10 things to do with a sheet of paper
- Summer Reading Challenge
- Art Materials deliveries (pay what you can afford)
- Letter Writing Prompts Available as PDF downloads or sent by post. Letter received will be included in an exhibition in 2021
- Lockdown Lessons – PDF art workshop using materials you can find in your own home
- Oil Pastel creative prompt
- Making Clean Mud – a sensory activity
- Making sensory rice
- Making Flubber – a sensory activity
- Glue Gun Crayon Art – creative Prompts
- Creative collage with the Manchester Art Gallery
- Inside / Outside – woven paintings project
- Puppet making – This resource includes a video, a materials list and a straightforward how-to list of steps outlined and illustrated clearly
- Making Patterns – No special materials needed + Accompanying Worksheet to support adults to introduce the activity
- Connecting with nature – wellbeing activity
If you have more information or useful links that should be added to this page please email [email protected].
Want to discuss these issues in more detail? Join us for a Peer Support Network virtual meet up.
Image: Art Breaks Studio