Finance updates and information to help you through the crisis of Covid-19:
- Universal Credit – Government information
- Employment and Support Allowance – Government Information
- Webinar – Employment issues for people on Direct Payments via a personal Budget
- Advice on using direct payments to pay family members for care
- Government Guidance for unpaid carers during Covid 19
- Independent Lives – Advice for Direct Payment Employers
- Practical tips and ideas by people who manage their direct payments.
Be aware of COVID-19 scams – We have been made aware of a number of COVID-19 related scams. These scams include:
- NHS Track and Trace service – if you are contacted by the service you will never be asked for passwords, bank account details or PINS.
- Calls from 02038616393 – this number has been reported numerous times for trying to get bank card details and other information.
- Fake COVID-19 home testing appointment texts – fake text messages being sent out, saying a home testing team will be attending.
Please be cautious and remember – never assume, never believe and always confirm information. Contact ActionFraud To report a concern
Grants to help disabled or seriously ill children during Coronavirus
Family Fund has received extra funding worth £10 million from the Department for Education to provide grants for families on low incomes raising disabled or seriously ill children in England this year. This emergency funding has been provided in response to the crisis presented by the coronavirus pandemic and will help more parents and carers to look after their children. Families can apply for grants to make their lives easier while implementing social distancing measures, including computers and tablets, outdoor play equipment and sensory toys. The grants are typically worth £400 to £500 per family, but vary depending on need – find out more here.
Control Fund: Do you employ carers and PAs via Direct Payments of a Personal Health Budget? Are you buying more cleaning products and one-time use items like hand sanitiser and anti-bac wipes to protect you, your loved-one and care team? We want to hear from you. The government announced a £600m infection control fund to combat Covid-19 in care homes. The allocation for East Sussex County Council is £10,737,440 based on 8,332 registered care home beds in May 2020. 75% of the initial funding received is to be passed straight to care homes within the local authority’s geographical area. The remaining 25% must also be used for infection control measures, however local authorities are able to allocate based on need.
We have been asked to report back to East Sussex Country Council on those in need. Please contact [email protected]
If you have more information or useful links that should be added to this page please email [email protected].
Want to discuss these issues in more detail? Join us for a Peer Support Network virtual meet up.
Image: Carl Sexton, Untitled, 2018, collage & ink on paper, 43 x 61cm