Update on Wearing Face Masks: The government announced that from 15th June 2020 it will be compulsory to wear coverings coverings on public transport and from 24th July 2020 it will be compulsory to wear face coverings in shops. Here are some resources to support you:
- Health and Safety Executive – Fit testing facemasks to avoid transmission
- Safe use of Fluid Repellent Masks poster – poster to instruct safe and correct usage for your support team
- East Sussex County Council guidance on sourcing PPE
- East Sussex County Council guidance for local business on sourcing PPE
- Recommended PPE guide for various settings
- Gov advice on making your own face coverings
- BBC News on making various face coverings (with and without sewing)
- Easy read guide to face coverings produced by Mencap
- People with severe learning disabilities and face masks – Challenging Behaviour Foundation information sheet
- Face covering exemption cards: Keep Safe have made some cut out cards for people to state why they may be exempt from wearing a face mask. These can be downloaded here.
- Who won’t have to wear a face covering?
Want to discuss these issues in more detail? Join us for a Peer Support Network virtual meet up.