Opportunity to tender for construction works to Project Art Works premises, The Arches
The contract is to work with local charity, Project Art Works, and their architects Adams & Sutherland who will be acting as Contract Administrator. The charity leases their premises from East Sussex County Council. Their building is three arches located under a Victorian road bridge, bordering a railway line.
The contract is to demolish one of the arches and build a new structure, replace the external walls of a second arch, and carry out improvements to external landscaping and approaches.
The works include:
Complete demolition and build of Arch 3 to provide new high quality, well-lit artist studios.
• New high level windows
• New fully accessible WCs and Hygiene Room
• New lift
• New heating system will be put in place to Arch 3 powered by ASHPs.
• To Arch 2, the extent of works will be limited to addressing the structural issues and providing improvements to the existing building fabric.
• Demolition of the existing external walls will address the structural challenges currently endured. The new external walls will exceed the requirements of current building regulations and maximise natural daylight into the space. Work will also be required to stabilise the existing mezzanine alongside some external works to re-provide access. External works to include re-grading of eastern approach to improve accessibility to arches 2 and 3.
How to apply:
• 22nd December Deadline to Register interest on tender website
• 12th January deadline to complete and return PQQ
• 15TH-19th January Project Art Works + Design Team review PQQs against agreed scoring criteria and select shortlist of contractors
• 22nd January Issue Tender information to shortlist contractors
• 19th February 2024: contract start date
Full details on how to tender for this contract are available on Contracts Finder.
Download the PQQ: