Official guidelines from Government and the National Health Service:
- Up date on government guidance what you can and can’t do
- Government General Information about Coronavirus
- Government Covid-19 social care guidance
- NHS – General Information about Coronvirus
- Advice for people at higher risk
- Symptoms and what to do
- Government shielding guidelines
- All personal care assistant are considered key workers and other guidence
Information and advise on accessing Testing for Corona Virus
- A guide to Covid 19 Testing Kits
- Advice on Getting Tested
- NHS – Ask for a test to check if you have Corona Virus
- Video on visiting a regional testing site and what to expect (for key workers)
- NHS video showing how to perform home tests
- Information on what your test results mean
The Care Act
The Mental Capacity Act
- The Mental Capacity Act is designed to protect and restore power to people who may lack capacity to make certain decisions, due to the way their mind is affected by illness or disability, or the effects of drugs or alcohol. The Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) has published easy to follow guidance on the Mental Capacity Act, including best interest decisions, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS), care planning, making decisions about money.
East Sussex County Council has not triggered Care Act easements and we are checking their website regularly for updates.
Want to discuss these issues in more detail? Join us for a Support Collective virtual meet up.
Image: Marion Willis, Untitled, 2014, ink on paper, 42 x 50 cm