Vaccination programme for Unpaid Carers:
Updates on guidance for the National Lockdown on Thursday 5th November:
Information and guidance for carers:
- Guidance and support for Individual employers
- Guidance and support for Personal Assistants
- How the Coronavirus Act 2020 changes NHS Continuing Healthcare
- East Sussex County Council Updates for Care Providers – Sign up to regular email briefings through this link
- To register yourself or someone you care for on the shielding register– for those who are extremely vulnerable to Coronavirus.
- Easy Read Guide: Rules about the Mental Capacity Act and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards in relation to caring for people during the Coronavirus pandemic
- The Mental Capacity Act (2005) (MCA) and deprivation of liberty safeguards (DoLS) during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic: guidance applies to those caring for adults who lack the relevant mental capacity to consent to their care and treatment
- All personal care assistant are considered key workers and other guidence
- Order free care badges to help identify yourself as a carer and a kew worker
Practical support and groups for carers:
- A podcast by mother, writer and campaigner Nicky Clark exploring lived experience and caring for people with complex support needs.
- Care for Carers Website or Facebook group – offering support to unpaid carers
- Various Webinars Including: Employing PAs; Welfare system changes; Staying at home during the Pandemic
- Support Children and Adults with learning disabilities at home during Covid 19 – by the challenging behaviour foundation
- Easy read guide to COVID—19 (Coronavirus)
- A Practical Guide to Self-isolation
- Learning Disabled England webinars to help keep people informed and connected through COVID 19
- Carers Voices Conference – A series of recorded conversations
- Guidance and a letter of entitlement for Carers and PAs to access free Flu Vaccination from their GPs
- Covid 19 support for carers
- Recruiting Personal Assistants during the pandemic – webinar
Help and Support services
- Hft’s Family Carer Support Service (FCSS) is a free national support service for parent carers and family carers who have a relative aged 16 or over with a learning disability, autism or both. Support is available to all family carers, whether or not their relative is supported by Hft.
- The Challenging Behaviour Foundation continues to publish up-to-date guidance and template letters to support you and have helpline for family carers.
- Respond Family Support Service supporting family members of people with learning disabilities, autism or both who have experienced loss, harm or institutional abuse.
Information for visiting people in residential care:
Want to discuss these issues in more detail? Join us for a Peer Support Network virtual meet up.
Image: Project Art Works studio