Practical resources that support wellbeing:
- Community Connectors (Social Prescribing)
- Books Beyond Words – Illustrated Books for people who find pictures easier to understand than words
Free online social and creative activites:
- Heart n Soul at Home – Creative arts activities every day of the week on Zoom (all ages)
- Electric Umbrella – Live, interactive music experiences on Mon, Thurs, Fri & Sat on Zoom (all ages)
- Do Your Own Thing – Art, Music, Radio, Video & DJing for young people (10 – 25 years old)
- Being Our Best Selves (BOBS) – a social and creative programme, supporting disabled people and their carers to achieve and maintain happy hearts, brains and bodies.
Practical activities and ideas to support wellbeing:
- Education Futures Trust (EFT) offer fully-funded mental health and wellbeing sessions for local adults. Courses take place in outdoor green spaces across Hastings and St. Leonards all year round.
- Action for Happiness brings people together and provides practical resources. We help each other learn evidence-based skills for happier living, feel a sense of belonging and commit to personal action to create more happiness, for ourselves and others.
- East Sussex County Council library service have free ebooks, audio books and magazines. If you are not already a member you can register online for free.
- Positive News through art and illustration
- Yoga Breathing techniques
- The Tate – Art activities
- Free online craft workshops with Craft in Common
- The Tate Quiz – ‘How Are You Feeling?’ matching art work to your mood
- Mindful – Explaining the benefits of meditation and how to practice, including techniques you can use throughout the day
Accessing Green Spaces and areas:
- GROW – Growing food for wellbeing: Sustainable growing + Mindfulness meditation in nature A free group for women on a Hastings allotment.
- Take Action Man – Project Rewild is working with MIND Hastings to improve the mental health of men particularly between the ages of 30-59 years.
- 10 Walks in the South Downs
- Hastings Local Nature reserve
- Filsham Reedbed Nature Reserve
- Brede High Woods
- South Downs National Park
- Marline Valley
- Church Wood/Robsack Wood
- St Helen’s Wood
- 20 walks in Wealden
- Walking and Health Tips
Want to discuss these issues in more detail? Join us for a Support Collective online meet-ups.
Image: Charlotte Stephens, Hastings Seascape, 2015, acrylic on canvas, 92 x 122 cm