This year’s free training programme for family carers, support workers, and personal assistants is confirmed.
- An introduction to Personal Budgets / Direct Payments
- Employing Personal Assistants using a Personal Budget
- Managing Personal Assistants
- Recruiting Support Workers / PA’s
- Safeguarding training for Personal Assistants & those employing Personal Assistants
- Transition from Education & Health Care Plans to funding beyond age 25
- Introduction to the Mental Capacity Act & MCA assessments
- Deputyships & becoming a Legal Guardian
- Understanding legal frameworks & your rights
- Where would you like to live? Housing & Funding Options
- Positive Behaviour Support
- Disability Awareness training
- Workshop on staying safe online
- Makaton Level 1 training
Available to book now…
Support Collective Legal Workshops – Thursday 12th & 26th August, 9th September These three-part sessions will be led by Carolyn Hunnisett, Community Care Lawyer, Occupational Therapist and Independent Mental Capacity Assessor. Booking onto all three sessions is advisable.
More dates to be announced.
The above training is especially relevant to people receipt of a Personal Budget, employing Personal Assistants, and those interested in becoming a Personal Assistant or a Support Worker.
If you have any questions please contact Esther Springett at [email protected].