Thursday 21st March: 10am- 4pm. Online via ZOOM
The Introduction to a Trauma Informed Approach course has been created to support everyone including carers and support staff, in enabling a better outcome for people with a learning disability or autism who experience trauma, neglect and abuse.
Duration: 6 hours online
Content and objectives:
- Definitions of trauma
- Thinking about how trauma impacts on people
- Specifically understanding trauma in the lives of people with a learning disability or autism
- Trauma-Informed practice and services
- How to look after ourselves and improve selfcare
- Recognising and responding to trauma
- Hearing about abuse and trauma
- Supporting people who disclose stories of abuse and trauma
- How this approach is applied in supporting people with a learning disability or autism (case study discussion)
Delegates receive a Certificate of Attendance.
This training is for family carers and support workers supporting adults (18 years +) through a Personal Budget from Adult Social Care or an Education, Health, and Care Plan. There are limited places available for people funded through Personal Health Budgets, or people who support someone aged under 18 please contact [email protected] for availability.
To find out about more training from the Support Collective visit Training & Events.