EXPLORERS is a creative programme for increasing the visibility and representation of neurodivergent artists in contemporary visual art.
It responds to the disproportionate impact of the pandemic on disabled people and will harness the collaborative momentum of EXPLORERS 2017-2020 working towards systemic change.
Between 2021 and 2023 we will
Create platforms for neurodivergent artists to:
Create pathways for cultural organisations to deepen their understanding and commit to inviting neurodivergent people and carers into their spaces, through:
Works towards changing the discourse of how neurodivergent artists are positioned and described in culture, through:
Who is involved
· Into Art
What has happened so far
Explore this website to see the work from EXPLORERS 2017-20 or read the evaluation.
What is happening now
· Sharif Persaud: Have You Ever Had exhibition, De La Warr Pavilion, 16 October 2021 – 9 January 2022
· Care | Contagion | Community — Self & Other exhibition, Autograph, 23 September 2021 – 12 February 2022
· Laura Knight: A Panoramic View – Artist-Led Sensory, BSL, audio described exhibition tours, MK Gallery – see website for dates
· Explorers: In Focus Photoworks
· Ignition Project Art Works exhibition, Hastings Contemporary, 8 October 2021 – Sunday 27 February 2022
· X 3 collaborative exhibition, ActionSpace, Project Ability and Venture Arts, 28th September – 31st December 2021
· Turner Prize 2021 Project Art Works exhibition, Herbert Museum & Art Gallery, Coventry City of Culture